Saturday, August 29, 2020

North Saskatchewan, Laurier Launch

Back on the river last week and I decided to try my luck at the Laurier Park launch. This was a much nicer starting point than Hawrelak Park.


It was a beautiful night, with a hot sun and a light breeze. Paddled up to the the Quesnel bridge.


The River Queen is in dry dick on the beach below the Whitemud Creek snd the current was still pretty fast over on that side of the river.


I spent some time cycling in and out of the eddy behind this big rock. Usually this is in the middle a rock garden but the water was high enough I could float in pretty easily.


With the hot weather causing the river level to drop, I'm hopeful to put in at Fort Edmonton and paddle up to the foot bridge (or maybe the dog park) in September).

No comments: