Saturday, December 18, 2021

Muir Lake

In early October, my wife and I rushed out to Muir Lake after work to see the leaves before we lost the light. The lake was very quiet on a week night.

The leaves were lovely and the wind, while periodically gusty and changing directions, wasn't anything to worry about.

We ran into a moose eating on the trees on the island! You can see her on the left in the photo below. 
 

She stayed behind a screen of willow and we kept out distance so we only have grainy, zoom shots. She was very tall!

The lake was a very nice paddle and we took two laps before the cold and the dark started to drive us in.



My wife said its as likely the last paddle for her. I was, however,  keen to keep going until freeze up. This was my 40th paddle of the year. I'm hoping to get to Johnny's Lake before freeze up.

No comments: