Saturday, July 30, 2022

Cardiff Pond

On a sunny afternoon in June, I ducked out before a storm to the Cardiff Pond just east of Legal. There were a lot of people fishing from the edge but I was the only boat.


The entry was pretty good. They upped the level of difficulty this year by adding a snake to the dock. I thought it was rope until it slithered.


I think the water level was up over past years (maybe 8-12 inches). There was also a new fishing platform on the SW corner.


Had beautiful blue skies and calm waters despite the weather forecast.


There was quite  a lot of wildlife, including a pair of herons (grey, I think) and a deer tat I startled in the NE corner.

Nobody nesting on the island that I could see.


There were two tons with a youngster. One of them got pretty aggressive with me.


Overall, a lovely paddle close to the city. Only about 45 minutes to paddle the whole perimeter at a very leisurely pace. But a good place for a first paddle or young kids.

No comments: