Saturday, December 24, 2022

Muir Lake

I was out at Muir Lake in early September for a quick paddle one day. The fall doldrums had set in with not much happening. I did have an eagle orbit above for most of the paddle, though!

There were also dramatic early autumn skies as the Sun is starting to drop a lower. Only a few folks on the lake fishing or paddling.


The lake was still pretty clean and much better than North Lake and Little Mere and Chickakoo, which had some pretty big patches of algae along the shores.

Looks like there is a resident beaver. The water level was also up, but I don't think those are connected because I don't think there is an outlet for Muir.

After an hour on the lake, I packed up and detoured west to try to find access to Mere Lake, but was unsuccessful (the banks are way steeper tan google maps suggested!).

Overall, a lovely paddle that is closer to home. This was also paddle 41 for me this year and I'm keen to try to hit 50 before the snow flies.

No comments: