Saturday, October 2, 2021

North Saskatchewan, Quesnel to Fort Edmonton

It was extremely hot this past summer so many activities got scheduled early in the morning. I was on the river at 7:30 on day in August, putting in under the Quesnel bridge. It was already 17 degrees out (hit 33 that day).

The river was up a bit for that time of year. It was hit even paddling in the shade of the south bank. Lots of crew out on the water that morning.

I followed a beaver upstream and the water was clear enough to catch a picture of it swimming underwater.


I went as far as the Fort Edmonton footbridge. I'd hoped to go further but I was starting to cook (it was 24 by 8:15!) so I turned around and floated back.

Lovely morning light on the north bank--lots of interesting erosion to see.

This picture conveys a bit how hot it was. Just scorching and dead calm.


 

No comments: