Saturday, November 21, 2020

End of the season

With colder temperatures and snow, the paddling season ended for me on November 3. Not the latest that I've paddled in Edmonton, but pretty close and a very good run. Below is a shot of Whitemud Creek on November 1--too frozen for me to bust through from the river.


I paddled a lot this year (I think 43 times--my goal was 30). We started April 20th out in St. Albert on the Sturgeon (also with ice!). High water on the North Saskatchewan into August meant we spent a lot of time on the Sturgeon this spring.

Highlights of the summer included a trip to Meadow Lake Provincial Park in Saskatchewan (Kimball Lake being particularly nice) and Horseshoe Lake in Jasper. I also had a very nice paddle at Island Lake up by Athabasca and a fun run through Edmonton with my wife.

Next year, I'd like to try Baptiste Lake up by Athabasca as well as maybe Slave Lake. Buck Lake is also on my list. Catch you in the spring!

No comments: