Saturday, December 9, 2023

Twin Lakes

In late August, I dragged the family 90 minutes SW of town to try Twin Lakes. I'd been down earlier in the year and enjoyed myself paddle. We went on a nice Sunday morning and got there at 10 am. There was lots of parking. When we got back from paddling at noon, the day use area was pretty full!


The kayak-o-mat was in use when we got back.


We went west towards the out flowing creek. The water was very clean and there was no wind. There are also no powered boats on the lake, which was nice.


There was still good access to the creek and we went under the power lines to the beaver dam.


It looks like the beavers are back trying to restore the dam.
 


We then paddled back upstream. Things were looking pretty autumnal, colour wise. 


There was a slight westerly breeze that blew us down the lake. We rafted up and had lunch while the wind did the paddling.


There wasn't much for birds. We saw one lone loon and a few ducks. You could hear crows in the trees.


The inflowing creek was very low so we didn't get very far up it.


We did some ducks, however!


Overall, a nice family paddle. This lake is maybe a bit smaller than what I'd prefer if I went by myself. I wouldn't mind trying the lake to the east, but that looks like a long carry!

No comments: